Whether or not you have a special someone this Valentine’s Day, it’s a day of celebrating love- so don’t forget the undying love between you and your furry friend! We don’t have to tell you that your dog loves you unconditionally, because you witness it every time you come home and he dances around in excitement, or every time you trip over him and he forgives you instantly. Since dogs cannot speak much English, and giving them flowers and chocolate is out of question, here are a few Valentine’s Day date ideas for you and your pup.
- Go on a hike. Dogs love getting out and sniffing just about everything in sight. Taking him out for a brisk winter hike will help him relieve excessive pent-up energy and will serve as a fun adventure for your furry friend. Don’t forget his coat!
- Go out to eat. Seek out a dog friendly restaurant by searching the Internet for a place close by. You’d be surprised- many restaurants accept four-legged customers, and even encourage them by offering pup-friendly meal options.
- Have a fancy dinner at home. With the Internet and Pinterest, it’s super easy to discover recipes that dogs can enjoy. You don’t have to be a gourmet chef- your pup is sure to appreciate the final result regardless!
- Sledding. Find yourself buried in snow this Valentine’s Day? Grab your sled, bundle up your pup, and hit the slopes! Even if your dog finds that he does not enjoy being on the sled, he will enjoy running after you in it!
- It’s the little things. Don’t have a lot of time? Remember that, for your dog, every little thing matters. A belly rub, or a Bark at the Moon treat, will let them know that you appreciate the love they show you every day.
Whatever you do this Valentine’s Day, make sure to shower your furry friend with hugs, kisses, and of course, lots of treats.
“A dog is the only thing on Earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” – Josh Billings