When your Valentine is furry, has four paws, and drools a little, it can be hard to find a date spot on February 14th. Not all restaurants recognize pups as the most loving, dedicated, and loyal Valentine dates, so you may have a difficult time finding the pawfect place. Luckily, we’ve taken the time to compile a list of restaurants that are fido-friendly. Just as with any Valentine date, be sure to call ahead; these are chain restaurants across the U.S. and not all locations may be open to canine customers.
- Johnny Rockets. The infamous burger joint is often known for welcoming pups, with special menu items like pupcakes and doggie hamburgers. Again, every Johnny Rocket’s is different, so be sure to call ahead to confirm that furry friends are welcome.
- Sonic Drive-In. Bring your dog through the outdoor drive-in at your local Sonic– some locations even carry dog treats, just ask!
- Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar. If you’re on the west coast, look for your local Lazy Dog! As the name suggests, this chain is pretty pup-friendly. Dogs even have their own menu, with tasty treats like plain chicken breast, hamburgers, and brown rice.
- Shake Shack. Shake Shacks are also known for being welcoming toward canine companions, with menu items like the “Pooch-ini”, which includes treats, peanut butter sauce, and vanilla custard. It’s best to call ahead and confirm your pup’s acceptance.
- Olive Garden, Applebee’s, Panera, Chili’s. More and more restaurants with patios are opening their outdoor spaces to dogs. If your local chain restaurant has an outdoor patio, just give them a ring and ask if they’ll welcome your furry friend!
If you don’t have any dog-friendly spots near you, plan a night in for you and your furry Valentine! All you need is a dog movie, full water dish, and plenty of Bark at the Moon Treats! We can assure you that your pup will enjoy a night in just as much as a night out– as long as they get to be with you! Shop for our tasty All-Natural Treats here. Happy Valentine’s Day from Bark at the Moon!